Department of Economics & Finance at Greenwich University is an integral part of Faculty of Management Sciences. Department teaches a curriculum that is consistent with the curriculum suggested by the Higher Education Commission (HEC),Pakistan. Department focused on personalization, globalization and modernization of Education Standards that should be addressed in a comprehensive study program.
The maximum number of students in each class is restricted to 40. The fact that classes are held with small number of students and the open door policy creates a positive communication environment for students.
The two policies are of great importance for achieving the goal of personalization of Education, Our students also have the opportunity to select different courses from the list of elective courses to shape their education according to their interest. In addition students can participate in various national and international events organized by faculty members. As a result the majority of our students has access to seek internship opportunities and upon graduation quickly find well respected Job.
The priority of modern education methods is supported by the innovative curriculum, air-conditioned class rooms, uninterrupted electric supply, modern technological facilities like multimedia, unlimited access to wireless internet on their Laptop computers and the computer lab equipped with latest computers with printing facilities. In addition arrangements of seminars, workshops, local and international conferences motivates the students as well as the faculty members to keep update knowledge with current developments in the area of their interest.
In order to provide every student with an international experience before graduation, University has signed agreements with leading Universities in Turkey, Malaysia and Bangladesh. These agreements allow student to study abroad for a semester or a year, take part in internship programs and gain experience, which will play an important role in the development of their careers.
Aims & Objectives
The Department of Economics and Finance aims to provide the curriculum and environment that fosters development of effective practitioners and scholars. The students are given training in economic and financial analysis, and statistical tools. They develop understanding of the financial markets and the financial instruments, and a broader perspective of the contemporary issues. The objective is to develop the skills, professional attitude, and competence required to design, evaluate and execute decisions, policies and strategies in today’s highly dynamic environment. The rigorous training provided by the Department has proved to be a solid foundation for individuals who have gone directly to the workforce in the financial services sector or business management, or consultancy, or decided to continue their education in graduate business and other professional fields.
Students in the department of Economics and Finance at the Greenwich University are expected to:
- * Have an advanced understanding of essential economic principles, the literature and methods of research used in the core fields of Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Development economics and Financial economics.
- * Have an advanced understanding and demonstrate mastery of Econometric and statistical techniques used in the discipline.
- * Develop an area of specialization, related to their field course work, in which they have begun to make original contributions to knowledge through a research program, including the completion and successful defense of Master and doctoral dissertation.
- * Develop the writing and oral presentation skills that will make them effective communicators of knowledge as teachers and/or serve them in careers as researchers in academia, government, non-governmental research and policy organizations, or private enterprise.
- * Associate of Science in Economics (AS-Economics)
- * Associate of Science in Economics & Finance (AS-EF)
- * Bachelor of Science in Economics (BS-Economics)
- * Bachelor of Science in Economics & Finance (BS-EF)
- * Masters of Science in Economics & Finance (MS-EF)
- * Masters of Science in Economics (MS-Economics)
- * Postgraduate Diploma & Certificate Courses
- * Master of Philosophy in Economics (MPhil-Economics)
- * Doctor of Philosophy in Economics (PhD-Economics)